Isaiah 42:6 I The Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles. 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
I believe this scripture has called on us Children of God, to give people hope in faith and belief. As we go on our daily journey, we should keep our eyes open to others, our fellow brothers and sisters that might need a positive word, a helping hand, or a simple smile. We should do our best to be a positive billboard of hope and faith, as we walk the earth as Jesus Christ once did. I am hopeful I will run across someone today that I can share the word of God with and make someones day a little better.
I continue to wake up each day and read the Bible before I get out of bed, in the hopes that I will receive my message for the day. Isaiah 42:6 came up today. It was an interesting passage in that I have been asking the Holy Spirit to help me discover why I have been forgiven for my past sins, and what is my purpose as I learn to walk in faith and not sight. I have a list of 7 practices that have been instilled in me through the Holy Spirit and the Bible. These 7 practices are my Spiritual Core Values and I don’t deviate from them. These 7 practices do not replace the 10 commandments at all, but several of the commandments are woven in to the these core values.
1. Virtue. Live with high morals, ethics, and follow the word of the Lord.
2. Knowledge. Have a thirst and desire to learn from the Bible each and every day. I am preparing myself for the day of reckoning.
3. Temperance. If my mind is mis-guided by alcohol or substance abuse, how can I possibly be a servant of God.
4. Patience. Be Patient with God. Just because you pray for something does not mean if will materialize as you requested. God will only give you as much as you can handle at this point of your spiritual journey.
5. Godliness. Be a walking billboard for God. People should know by your actions and behavior you are a child of God.
6. Brotherly Kindness. Be kind to all mankind. Don’t turn your back on a fellow brother or sister.
7. Charity. Be charitable of your time, resources, money. After all, you can’t take it with you to heaven.